A few years ago, a friend of mine invited us to her house and treated us to a weekend full of yummy recipes she had found on Pinterest. Up for lunch that Saturday? A grilled cheese sandwich complete with bacon and avocado! As you can imagine, it was perfection, and ever since then, this Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich has been a favorite in our house.
This recipe is easy to throw together, and if your kitchen is anything like ours, you probably already have most (if not all) of the needed items on hand.
Ingredients for Each Sandwich:
Two Slices of Bread
Two Slices of Cheese (any kind will do!)
Two Slices of Bacon
Two Slices of Avocado (or one thick slice!)
Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Layer your ingredients atop the two slices of bread and toss on the griddle!
(On this particular day, I used one slice of gouda cheese and one slice of havarti cheese = Heaven!)
Grill to your idea of perfection, then serve!
A Few Comments:
- These photos include gluten-free bread that I try to stick with as often as possible. If you want to really have fun, go with sourdough. It’s better. ha!
- Instead of butter, I usually use coconut oil spray to grease up our griddle. Your call! My suggestion? Go with your mood.
- If I know ahead of time that I am going to make these sandwiches, I will prep the bacon either the day before or earlier in the day.
- These Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are yummy served with chili…or vegetable soup…or tomato soup…but on this particular day, I served them with kettle chips. Gluten Free Bread + Coconut Oil + Kettle Chips – I realize it doesn’t make any sense, but this is just who I am right now. Thank you for loving me anyway.
Soup Recipes Available Here
When Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are on the menu, our griddle gets a workout! My family loves these, and there are never any leftovers – and if there ever were, I would eat them. (Did I say that out loud?)
Happy griddling everyone! I can’t wait to hear what you think of this one!
- Two Slices of Bread
- Two Slices of Cheese
- Two Slices of Bacon
- Two Slices of Avocado
- **Optional: Sliced Tomato
- Layer your ingredients atop the two slices of bread and toss on the griddle!
- Grill to your idea of perfection, then serve!
If you love this Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese, you will also love these Ham & Gouda Yeast Rolls:
Tried a recipe from This Little Home of Mine? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram!