Recently, my hubby make the most fantastic Mexican feast! I love when he gets in the mood to cook! He is a much better cook than I am, and I especially love the way he threw these potatoes together! These Potatoes in a Bag were the perfect addition to the Mexican-themed meal that he made, and we have loved trying them again and again – with a little bit of a different twist on them each time!
How to Make Potatoes in a Bag
Gallon-Size Ziploc Bag
A Small Batch of Red Potatoes
1 Small Red Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
A Smidge of Parsley
2 Tablespoons of Taco Seasoning
A Dish of Salt & Pepper
A Drizzle of Olive Oil
He began by cutting up a batch of small red potatoes and tossing them in a gallon-size Ziploc bag.
Next, he diced 1/2 of a small red onion and minced a couple of garlic gloves and tossed all of that in to the bag.
After that, he chopped up and added to the bag a smidge of parsley – sprinkling in two tablespoons of taco seasoning and a bit of salt and pepper.
He drizzled in a little bit of Olive Oil, sealed up the bag, and then gently shook the bag until all of the ingredients were evenly distributed.
*At this step, you can place the bag in the fridge – giving the flavors time to hang out together, or you can cook them right away! Either way works! I don’t like a lot of rules when I’m cooking…Can you tell?* 😉
After this final step was complete, he poured the mixture out on a baking pan and baked the potatoes on 400 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes.
This recipe is super easy to throw together, and we have loved trying different mixtures – Using a bbq seasoning in place of the taco seasoning has been a hit around here! Using rosemary and dill instead of the taco seasoning and parsley has also been a favorite! With Potatoes in a Bag, anything goes, and I know you’ll have fun experimenting!
Want to give them a try?
- 1 Gallon-Size Ziploc Bag
- A Small Batch of Red Potatoes
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- A Smidge of Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons of Taco Seasoning
- A Dish of Salt & Pepper
- A Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Begin by cutting up a batch of small red potatoes and tossing them down in a gallon-size Ziploc bag.
- Next, dice up about ½ of a small red onion and mince a couple of garlic gloves - tossing all of that in to the bag.
- After that, chop up and add to the bag a smidge of parsley - sprinkling in two tablespoons of taco seasoning and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Finish by drizzling in a little bit of Olive Oil, sealing up the bag, and then gently shaking the bag until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour this mixture out on to a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also want to try my One Skillet Mexican Rice: