Each year at the holidays, my hubby makes his famous Savory Chex Mix Recipe, and he has given me permission to share the secret family recipe with you! We love packaging it up and passing it along to our friends and family – Who doesn’t love eatable treats? This recipe is more savory than sweet, and it just might be the perfect addition to your family’s holiday season.
How to Make Savory Chex Mix
6 Tablespoons of butter
4 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
3/8 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
2 Cups of Corn Chex Cereal
2 Cups of Rice Chex Cereal
2 Cups of Honey Nut Chex Cereal
1 Cup of Honey Roasted Peanuts
Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.
Mix together the cereal and peanuts.
Pour the butter mixture over the cereal and peanuts. (Mix well until coated.)
Heat for 45 minutes in the oven – stirring/tossing every 15 minutes. (Hubby says this whole stirring/tossing thing is key!)
Our kids love helping Daddy make the Chex Mix! The scooping…the measuring…the pouring…the mixing…all perfect for little hands…well, until the hot butter gets involved anyway!
This recipe usually makes about 8 cups. However, my hubby quadruples this recipes (using every single baking dish we own) – also adding in handfuls of cashews, other nuts, a little extra garlic here and there – anything goes!
*Throughout the months of October and November, start watching for holiday specials and coupon deals on Chex cereal and nuts! This is the time of year when we stock up on items that we will use throughout the holidays. The best place to score these deals? Drugstores – believe it or not!*
Do you have a favorite Chex Mix Recipe? Be sure to share it with all of us over on my Facebook page!
- 6 Tablespoons of butter
- 4 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
- ⅜ Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups of Corn Chex Cereal
- 2 Cups of Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 Cups of Honey Nut Chex Cereal
- 1 Cup of Honey Roasted Peanuts
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.
- Mix together the cereal and peanuts.
- Pour the butter mixture over the cereal and peanuts. (Mix well until coated.)
- Heat for 45 minutes in the oven - stirring/tossing every 15 minutes.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like to check out my hubby’s Chocolate-Dipped Potato Chips – Yes, you heard me correctly. 😉